Browse Items (445 total)

  • Tags: automobiles

Dickinson's First Airmail

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-039.jpg
The first airmail to Dickinson, ND. A Northwest Airways Inc. airplane with a line of cars in the background. There is a small, white, circular sticker with "1" on it in the lower right corner.

Just Married

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-060.jpg
A car decorated with "Just Married" written in the windows and shoes tied to the back bumper. A man and woman are standing in front of the car and 2 women are standing on the passenger side. "425" is written in the lower right corner.

Just Married

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-061.jpg
A side view of a car decorated with "Just Married" written on the driver's side door and also a smiley face and a bouquet of flowers on the running board. The legs of a man standing on the hood of the card are visible.

Man and Car

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-062.jpg
A man in a suit standing beside a car.

Man and Model T

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-065.jpg
A man leaning on the side of a Model T. "465" is written in the lower right corner. Written on the back is "ALBUM #465A / SCRIPT 109."

Model T

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-066.jpg
A Model T car in front of some houses on a snow covered street. It is possibly a car that was owned by the Osborns. "466" is written in the lower right corner on the front and in the upper left corner of the back.

Boy and Model T

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-067.jpg
A boy standing in front of a Model T during the winter. It is possibly a car that was owned by the Osborns. "465" is written in the lower right corner on the front. Written on the back is "ALBUM #465B / SCRIPT 115". Stamped on the back is an image of…

Model T

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-068.jpg
It is a Model T. It is possibly a car that was owned by the Osborns. The edge of the paper is scalloped.

Patriotic Car

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-069.jpg
It is a image of an old car owned by the Osborns decorated with flags on the front bumper and draped across the sides. There is also ribbon draped across the hood. There are photographs attached to the inside of each of the windows. "467" is written…

Patriotic Car

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-070.jpg
It is a image of an old car owned by the Osborns taken from the back. It is decorated with flags on the bumpers and draped across the sides. There are photographs attached to the inside of the windows. Printed on the spare tire on the back is,…

Osborn Studio Car

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-071.jpg
A dark Osborn Studio car with a man, likely Lawton Osborn, standing beside it. Printed on the side of the car in white is, "Osborn's Studio / PORTRAITS PHOTOGRAPHS COMMERCIAL." Written on the back in the upper left corner is, "467."

Man and Model T

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-072.jpg
A Model T car with a man standing beside it with one foot on the running board. Stamped on the middle of the back is a pink, oval stamp that states, "OSBORN'S / DAILY FILM SERVICE / DICKINSON, N. DAK."

General Motors Car Parade

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-113.jpg
General Motors car parade, spring showing. Written in white as part of the image, in the lower left is, "DICKINSON. NORTH DAKOTA" and in the lower right, "OSBORN / DICKINSON / N.D." Written in the lower right corner is, "76." Written on the back in…

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-116.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. Two vehicles are at the pumps refueling, while another is parked along side the station with a passenger door opened. On the left side of the station are metal barrels, lying on…

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-117.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. Two vehicles are at the pumps refueling, while another is parked along side the station with a passenger door opened. On the left side of the station are metal barrels, lying on…

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-120.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. There are 5 cars sitting in front and beside the building. Written on the front in the lower right corner is, "466." Written on the back is, "466" and "19 / #79." Stamped on the…

Land Investors and Seekers

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-125.jpg
Land investors and seekers in front of the St. Charles Hotel traveling in chain drive automobiles. There are 3 early 20th century cars filled with men. The cars have spoked wheels. The building behind them is a hotel with the name St. Charles Hotel…

Dickinson Motor Car Garage

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-128.jpg
Dickinson Motor Car garage which sold Buick automobiles, located at Barnes Ave. (1st Ave. West) & 1st Street. The sign on the building in the photo says Northwestern Motor Co.
This was Dickinson's 1st garage. Two cars are parked on the right side…

Dickinson Motor Car Garage

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-129.jpg
Dickinson Motor Car garage which sold Buick automobiles, located at Barnes Ave. (1st Ave. West) & 1st Street. The sign on the building in the photo says Northwestern Motor Co.
This was Dickinson's 1st garage. Two cars are parked on the right side…

Farm house with a Buick car

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-159.jpg
Unknown farm house with a Buick car, well and barn. Written in the lower right corner is, "464." Written on the back in the upper left corner is, "468."