Villard St 1914 from Roundhouse, East

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/Osborn_Copy_Negatives_previews/Villard_St_1914_from_Roundhouse_East-005.jpg

Title

Villard St 1914 from Roundhouse, East

Description

A photo of West Dickinson, N. D., West of the Railroad Depot. The West half of the railroad depot is on the right side of the photo. In the bottom of the photo are railroads with box cars, a cabooses, and a railroad passenger car. The words Northern Pacific are on all of the railroad cars. The building on the left side of the photo, by the railroad tracks, with the 5 chimneys, is the Hughes & Deiter Electric Light Plant. The building to its right is the Railroad Telegraph Office. A sign on the side of the passenger car reads Pianos, Factory Advertising Sale, 5 & 8, 8 Down, 5 a Week, Player Pianos. Running into Villard on the center left of the photo is Barnes St, now called 1st West. On the left corner of Barnes and Villard was a Bank. On the right corner of Barnes and Villard, going east, was Billiards Drugs, a Hardware store, Moving Pictures, Villard Hotel, Clo. B & S, a Hardware store, Drugs and Jewelry Store. 3 early 20th century cars are seen on Villard St., and a single horse drawn wagon. In the center of the photo is a water tower. The 3 story building to the right of the water tower is St. Joseph's Hospital. On the left side of the photo, the large 2 story building is the Elks building. The other 2 large buildings are Dickinson Public School buildings. Some people can be seen on Villard St. Exact date Unknown. Unidentified.

Creator

Osborn Studio

Date Created

1914

Contributor

L.E. Osborn, Sr.

Rights

This image cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center. This image may be freely used for education uses, so long as it is not altered in any way. No commercial reproduction or distribution of this image file is permitted without written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center.

Format

jpg, tiff

Medium

black and white Kodak copy negative

Type

.jpg

Identifier

Villard_St_1914_from_Roundhouse_East-005

Spatial Coverage

Villard Street, Dickinson, Stark County, North Dakota

Original Format

black and white copy negative

Physical Dimensions

1.5 x 1.5

Text

Northern Pacific. Pianos, Factory Advertising Sale, 5 & 8, 8 Down, 5 a Week, Player Pianos.

Cataloguer's Notes

Two envelopes. The larger, glassine envelope gives a title (Villard St 1914 From Round-House-East) and "R-R-" in the upper right corner. The CA envelope gives a similar title (Villard St-1914) and a series of numbers (2-3-7-9).

Physical Location

Osborn Copy Negatives Box. Photo Storage.

Ordering Info

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/fees/

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Citation

Osborn Studio, “Villard St 1914 from Roundhouse, East,” Southwestern North Dakota Digital Archive At the Dickinson Museum Center, accessed December 6, 2019, https://dmc.omeka.net/items/show/1108660.