Bicentennial Story #146-Belfield Chevrolet dealership

Title

Bicentennial Story #146-Belfield Chevrolet dealership

Description

History of the Chevrolet car dealership in Belfield, ND.

Date

11/20/1975

Contributor

Muriel Hurt

Rights

This recording cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center. This recording may be freely used for education uses, so long as it is not altered in any way. No commercial reproduction or distribution of this recording file is permitted without written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center.

Format

mp3

Medium

audio reel, analog, 1/4 inch polyester tape

Language

English

Identifier

BS-146

Spatial Coverage

Belfield, ND

Rights Holder

Copyright Stark County Historical Society and Dickinson Museum Center

Transcription

The Chevrolet Dealership was established in Belfield by Mr. and Mrs. Jack McMadin in the early 1920's. In 1928 they became associated with Mr. and Mrs. Hugh McGarvey. In 1930 the McGarveys and Mr. and Mrs. Nick Schneider bought out the McMadin's interest and continued to run the dealership along with the Socony Mobil Bulk Station until the latter part of 1956, at which time Mr. and Mrs. McGarvey retired and sold their interest to Mr. and Mrs. Schneider and their two sons, Ernest and Robert. The two sons still own and operate the Chevrolet garage making this dealership continuous for over 50 years.

This is Bicentennial Story No. 146, prepared by Muriel Hurt for the Stark County Historical Society.

Original Format

Sound recordings

Duration

1:09

Bit Rate/Frequency

128kbps

Decade

1970 1979

Physical Location

Bicentennial tape #8, Bicentennial stories 130-151

Geolocation

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Citation

“Bicentennial Story #146-Belfield Chevrolet dealership,” Southwestern North Dakota Digital Archive At the Dickinson Museum Center, accessed July 7, 2022, https://dmc.omeka.net/items/show/551.