West Villard

West Villard

Title

West Villard

Description

A photo of buildings on West Villard looking West near the corners of Barnes Street (later became First Avenue West). The First National Bank is the brick building seen near the middle of the photo. A sign on the far left reads "Saddles & Harness John Rattan". Rattan was a saddlemaker who began his business in early 1896 and moved his business to the building shown here in April 1896. In January 1897 Rattan had suddenly ended his business and left town. Rattan would return to Dickinson years later to begin his saddlemaking business again.

Date

1896

Contributor

Unknown

Rights

This image cannot be copied or reproduced. This image may be freely used for education uses, so long as it is not altered in any way. No commercial reproduction or distribution of this image file is permitted.

Cataloguer's Notes

Original title for submission was "Dickinson" and the file name was "photos anciennes 2 copie.jpg." Additional information has been added by Museum staff.

Physical Location

This digital item was contributed to the SWNDDA by a contributor and a physical copy is not owned by the Dickinson Museum Center.

Ordering Info

This item does not belong to the Dickinson Museum Center and cannot be reproduced for purchase.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Collection

Citation

“West Villard,” Southwestern North Dakota Digital Archive At the Dickinson Museum Center, accessed May 21, 2024, https://dmc.omeka.net/items/show/1132800.