First Congressional Church-(United Church of Christ)

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/Box88previews/34769-015.jpg

Title

First Congressional Church-(United Church of Christ)

Subject

Description

Photo of the First Congressional Church-(United Church of Christ), located at 4th St and 1st Ave West, in Dickinson, N.D.. The Frist Congressional Church was organized on May 10, 1887. The building of this church was started in 1924 and finished in 1942. On the left side of the building a garage can be seen. This church had the first Boy Scout Troop in Dickinson. In 1961, the congregation ratified the proposed constitution of the United Church of Christ, the 1st interdenominational union of churches in the U.S. This church now includes groups formerly known as Congregational, Christian, Evangelical (Lutheran) and Reformed (Presbyterian). Exact date unknown.

Date Created

Year 1954

Rights

This image cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center. This image may be freely used for education uses, so long as it is not altered in any way. No commercial reproduction or distribution of this image file is permitted without written permission of the Dickinson Museum Center.

Format

jpg, tiff

Medium

black and white Ansco Safety Film

Type

.jpg

Identifier

34769-015

Spatial Coverage

Dickinson, N.D.

Original Format

Safety Film Negative

Physical Dimensions

4 x 5

Address

Cataloguer's Notes

No receipt.

Physical Location

Box 88-3

Ordering Info

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/fees/

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Tags

Citation

“First Congressional Church-(United Church of Christ),” Southwestern North Dakota Digital Archive At the Dickinson Museum Center, accessed July 17, 2024, https://dmc.omeka.net/items/show/43243.