Browse Items (248 total)

  • Tags: downtown

Osborn Studio, after 1950

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-095.jpg
The Osborn Photo Studio building after 1950. It is a 2 story brick building with glass blocks for the 2nd floor windows. A sign on the building reads Osborn's Potographs Cameras. A sign on the door, for rooms on the 2nd floor, reads Western…

Osborn Studio, 1951

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-096.jpg
The Osborn Photo Studio building in 1951. It is a 2 story brick building with glass blocks for the 2nd floor windows. A sign on the building reads Osborn's Photographs Cameras. A sign on the door, for rooms on the 2nd floor, reads Dickinson…

Osborn Studio, 1948

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-097.jpg
The Osborn Photo Studio building in 1948. It is a 2 story brick building with glass blocks for the 2nd floor windows. A sign on the building reads Osborn's Photographs Cameras. A sign on the door, for rooms on the 2nd floor, reads Western…

Fred Turner Blacksmith Shop

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-098.jpg
Fred Turner blacksmith shop on the corner of 1st Ave. East and 1st St. East looking to the northeast. On the front of the photo is, "Missouri Slope Establishment / Blacksmithing and Heavy Hardware / Dickinson N Dak" and "FW TURNER / Proprietor".
On…

Hughes Electric Office

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-101.jpg
Hughes Electric office and generating plant. The first telephone exchange in Dickinson, 1901, located at Villard and 1st Ave. West. Some telephone and electric lines enter the building through some holes at the top of the building. The window on the…

Standard Oil Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-102.jpg
Standard Oil Station, Red Crown Gasoline, 1920s, located at Villard and 2nd Ave. West. The building is made of brick. A man is standing in between two pumps. He is wearing a shirt, tie, coveralls and a hat. The words Standard Oil Co., are written…

Standard Oil Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-103.jpg
Standard Oil Station, Red Crown Gasoline, 1920s, located at Villard and 2nd Ave. West. The building is made of brick. A man is standing in between two pumps. He is wearing a shirt, tie, coveralls and a hat. The words Standard Oil Co., are written on…

Standard Oil Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-104.jpg
Standard Oil Station, Red Crown Gasoline, 1920s, located at Villard and 2nd Ave. West. The building is made of brick. A man is standing in between two pumps. He is wearing a shirt, tie, coveralls and a hat. The words Standard Oil Co., are written on…

Dickinson Community Building

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-108.jpg
Community Building, the former armory, after remodeling in 1941 as a WPA project. City Hall was also located in this building for a time.
The material used to construct it was mostly salvage material from the old Dickinson High School which was…

City Cleaners

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-112.jpg
City Cleaners, Thomas Miklautsch & Son Vincent, Sims St. & 1st St. West. A photo of the outside of City Cleaners, a tailoring and dry cleaning business within Dickinson, North Dakota. The sign on the side of the building reads City Cleaners and Fine…

St. Joseph Church Parade

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-114.jpg
St. Joseph Church parishioners parade down Villard Street for the cornerstone laying ceremony, 1902. Written on the lower left is, "169." Written on the back is, "169 ALBUM (186) / 126 SCRIPT & 186 SCRIPT / NEG #14 / Sign over the Villard porch says:…

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-116.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. Two vehicles are at the pumps refueling, while another is parked along side the station with a passenger door opened. On the left side of the station are metal barrels, lying on…

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-117.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. Two vehicles are at the pumps refueling, while another is parked along side the station with a passenger door opened. On the left side of the station are metal barrels, lying on…

Fire Department at Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-119.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. There is a fire truck sitting in front of the building with 4 men on it and 2 men standing beside the truck. Written on the back is, "Photo album #2 / sheet #77 / #79."

Texaco Station

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-120.jpg
Texaco Station built by Lawton E. Osborn, released to Exxon in 1956. There are 5 cars sitting in front and beside the building. Written on the front in the lower right corner is, "466." Written on the back is, "466" and "19 / #79." Stamped on the…

Dickinson Public Library

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-122.jpg
Dickinson Public Library, original building. Written in the lower right corner is, "(90)." Written on the back in the upper left corner is, "90 (193)". Written on the right side is, "C-9-22-8 x 10 (95) / -81-." Stamped in the center of the back in…

Land Investors and Seekers

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-125.jpg
Land investors and seekers in front of the St. Charles Hotel traveling in chain drive automobiles. There are 3 early 20th century cars filled with men. The cars have spoked wheels. The building behind them is a hotel with the name St. Charles Hotel…

Dickinson Hide & Fur Company

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-127.jpg
Dickinson Hide & Fur Co. owned by George Massad. 3 men are standing in front of the fur company truck that has furs hanging on it. Each of the men is holding a fur. The man on the left is smoking a pipe. The man in the center is Mason Massad. The…

Dickinson Motor Car Garage

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-128.jpg
Dickinson Motor Car garage which sold Buick automobiles, located at Barnes Ave. (1st Ave. West) & 1st Street. The sign on the building in the photo says Northwestern Motor Co.
This was Dickinson's 1st garage. Two cars are parked on the right side…

Dickinson Motor Car Garage

http://www.dickinsonmuseumcenter.com/2010-018/2010-018-129.jpg
Dickinson Motor Car garage which sold Buick automobiles, located at Barnes Ave. (1st Ave. West) & 1st Street. The sign on the building in the photo says Northwestern Motor Co.
This was Dickinson's 1st garage. Two cars are parked on the right side…